Web Application Developer
Updated May 1, 2014; Position open until filled.
WW IDEA is seeking a Full-time experienced software engineer to join our fast-moving, forward-thinking technology team. We design and build database-driven web-based applications focused on improving K-12 educational accountability, management, and engagement. WW IDEA is a small organization with large aspirations and a growing client base. The successful applicant will play an integral role in designing, creating, and enhancing our next-generation educational products and services.
We build our applications in Ruby using the Ruby on Rails web application framework. Experience with Ruby and Rails is highly desired, but we will train an applicant who has a strong background in software development and a solid understanding of quality database design along with the desire and drive to learn new technologies. We strive to write beautiful functional code that is easy to test, maintain, and evolve.
Responsible to: Executive Director and/or the Director of Technology
Starting wage for this Full-time position: $35,000 - $55,000, DOE. The position also has potential for increase within the first year. Multiple employee benefits include group medical plan contribution, retirement plan contribution, and generous leave allowances.
- Object-oriented programming experience
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or comparable experience
- Software and database design experience
- Software unit testing experience
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills
- Ability to be a contributing member of the technology team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision
Qualities desired in the applicant:
- Experience with UNIX/Linux programming environment
- Web-based application development experience
- Ruby and Ruby on Rails programming experience
- System administration skills
- Ability to take on increasing responsibility over time
- Participate in and lead technical and non-technical discussions with both technical and non-technical end users
- Experience with training others (in person and remotely) on software features
- Experience or familiarity with K-12 educational environments and entities
- Ability to travel 1-3 times per year to provide on-site training for clients
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to . Direct questions to Jennifer Lutey at , or Aaron Baldwin at .